Tagged with #sighs deeply
there are not enough fics focusing on polyamorous relationships that also don’t revolve around the sex
Tagged with #signal boost #sighs deeply
While the head honchos at the HRC are making 6 figure salaries from donations to support ‘marriage equality’, hundreds of thousands of LGBTQ youth are homeless and are purposely ignored by mainstream gay organizations. The ‘fight’ for same sex marriage has proven to be a profitable business for gay ‘non-profit’ businesses, so it’s no wonder why gay marriage overshadows all other LGBTQ issues. After all, helping the needy results in smaller pay.
Supporting gay marriage doesn’t mean you support the queer struggle. In fact, most ‘allies’ and even a large portion of more fortunate queers don’t know the facts about LGBTQ homelessness, violence against trans* people, high unemployment, discrimination, etc, nor do they bother to research it. They are just concerned about their favorite gay celebrities being able to tie the knot.
If you care about the queer struggle, take a minute of your day to familiarize yourself with some of the disturbing statistics:
- 20- 40% of homeless youth are LGBTQ. In comparison, the general youth population is only 3-10% LGBTQ.
- LGBTQ youth are twice as likely to experience sexual abuse before the age of 12.
- LGBTQ youth, once homeless, are at higher risk for victimization, mental health problems, and unsafe sexual practices. 58.7% of LGBTQ homeless youth have been sexually victimized compared to 33.4% of heterosexual homeless youth
- LGBTQ youth are roughly 7.4 times more likely to experience acts of sexual violence than heterosexual homeless youth
- LGBTQ homeless youth commit suicide at higher rates (62%) than heterosexual homeless youth (29%)
- At least 20% of ALL transgender people will be homeless sometime in their life.
- 29% of transgender people reported being turned away from a homeless shelter due to their transgender status.
Please consider taking action to help combat LGBTQ homelessness. I suggest making a donation to the Ali Forney Center or volunteering at your local LGBTQ homeless shelter.
Tagged with #ace #asexuality #sighs deeply
being asexual and being aromantic are two completely different things that sometimes come together because a person identifies as both.
being asexual does not mean i don’t like being in a relationship. it means i don’t want to bang anyone. although i do happen to be aromantic as well.
and while i’m open with my asexuality, please do not introduce me as asexual to other people. because like all other sexualities, mine does not define me. it is just another part of who i am. (also it’s my identity so what business is it of yours to tell others??? especially if i’m right fucking there)
Tagged with #whoops this is me #and i shall tag it as such #me #sighs deeply
It’s a story about how I got to realize that I am aromantic - so basically it’s a self-discovery story. That might sound kind of boring… it’s nothing exquisite. But I started doodling it, and before I knew it, I was finished! This is kind of a big deal. I hardly ever finish anything.
I don’t care if you share this or use the images. Giving me credit would be nice, but it’s more important that you please remember the main message. C:
Criticism is always welcome, as long as you’re polite and constructive.
Tagged with #the first step is admitting you have a problem #seriously how the fuck does that happen #me #sighs deeply
Main blog: Exists for a year and three months. It has collected 2890 posts.
Side blog for Homestuck: Exists for three months; already has 1363 posts.